What you’ll do:
• Develop the QA & automation practices and strategies for our software development teams
• Write tools and libraries which can be used by other QA/devOps engineers
• In collaboration with the agile teams set the guidelines and requirements on the test practices in the development process
• Building a path for successful cooperation between testers of different levels
• Controlling and managing difficulties that arise in different projects during testing related activities
• Take on leadership responsibilities and influence the direction of the automation effort, and its schedule and prioritization.
• Provide technical leadership, direction, strategy and hands-on assistance to other members of the team
• Identify the scope of the testing required for a particular release.
• Release plan for each release visible for everyone.
• Mentors other QA team members in test automation best practices and adherence to overall testing strategy
• Drive greater automation test coverage throughout the product including GUI, API layers, services and database driven scripts.
• Identifies metrics for monitoring increased performance and scalability.
• Provides guidance for performance test initiatives that take a true end-to-end focus on ensuring client side, server tiers, database and data integration jobs are performing as expected.
• Troubleshoots performance, load, and stress testing through analysis of system design/coding.
• Ready to jump in to different teams when needed
You and your skills:
• Experience with different test frameworks Webdriverio, Cypress, Protractor, TestNG
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Coding experience with automation framework, tools and services for web. Experience in API testing.
• Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
• Knowledge of perl, bash or other scripting languages a plus.
• Good knowledge of build pipelines (you have yourself written different kinds of build pipelines)
• Elastic search (KQL), Kibana, AWS, Azure experience is a plus