We are looking for a talented SW engineer who has a passion for problem solving. Someone that is a quick learner, passionate about learning new skills and enjoys digging into complex environments to understand and solve problems.
Someone who can look at things from different perspectives, can see the big picture as well as being able to structurally break things down into workable components.
Someone that is good at building professional relationships and enjoys being part of an agile team where the members share knowledge and solves problems together.
You should also have a strong drive to finish what you have started.
Our Bravia TV teams in Lund are responsible for global browser development and for innovation development work for the European market on Sony TV’s. We are working in close collaboration with our colleagues in Japan, USA, and UK.
We are 20 skilled engineers working in agile teams. The teams consist of SW project leads and developers with long experience in Android development. We plan and execute our work, optimize and adapt ways of working, continuously improve our knowledge and take full responsibility for our deliverables.
We are now looking to expand our Sony TV team with yet another skilled SW developer.
Day to day work:
You will be part of an agile team where you plan, analyze, design, develop, verify, and maintain code and tools connected to the browser HbbTV area. The team will perform tasks as:
- Impact analysis for new requirements
- Plan upcoming work
- Design and develop features using Java and Kotlin
- Debug and analyze Jira issues
- Find suitable solutions in a complex SW environment
- Review code
- Actively participate in demos and retrospectives
- Do verification and test automation
- Collaborate with colleges
- Actively contribute to a productive, creative and fun team atmosphere
- Master of Science degree in computer science or equivalent
- Android framework development
- Expert in Java with solid interest in programming and software development
- Experienced in Kotlin
- Experienced (+1 years) of Android development
- Fluent in English
Advantage for this position:
- Android TV development
- Test automatization
- Agile WoW
Personality traits we value:
- Positive mindset
- Well structured
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Persistent in problem-solving