We believe that being curious and truly committed to understanding people is the key to future success. we are people who care about other people, working together to create new technologies and innovations for safe, sustainable, and convenient mobility. Want to join us
This is what your new colleagues do
At Core System Platform we are building a computer-in-the-car architecture, a key for enabling innovation within areas such as Advanced Connectivity, Machine Learning, and Autonomous Drive. Our mission is to create a Vehicle Control Unit platform using new technologies like DriveOS and NVIDIA’s latest chip technology in combination with more traditional car signalling technologies. We are dedicated to delivering platform functions simplifying the application development to create a safe, reliable, and secure platform solution within Volvo Cars for increased innovation and speed. Within Core System Platform, several HI (High Integrity) teams are jointly responsible for the creation and deployment of a platform for high-ASIL components and safety-critical processes.
What you will do
As a member of the CI/CD responsible team, you will become part of the Core System Platform family. You will take a key role in building up a CI/CD chain in an Automotive environment. Together with the team you will gather feedback from colleagues and customers to take part in the development of a vision for our future CI. Typical aspects might be how to integrate our software more automated and robust, how to find errors as early as possible, or how to minimize turnaround times. You will be part of promoting the vision among the fellow developers and the various rollouts of improvements. Your contribution will be crucial for our embedded software developers to build a world-leading, safe, and sustainable High Integrity platform.
Who are you?
We want to work with you who has a keen interest in and find pride in making great solutions to CI/CD systems. You like solving problems together with others and strive for finding the clever ideas that make life easy for all development teams. You are a customer-oriented person who enjoys being part of a team where you take initiative and take pride in your own and the team’s deliveries.
You and your skills
• Proven experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment in an embedded software environment, preferably within Automotive
• You have been part of a team and brought your vision of a robust CI to success
• You have profound insight in all stages of software deployment, especially automated build systems
• You have experience in working with Jenkins, Gerrit, WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux), Docker, Artifactory and Linux
• You are skilled in the languages of Groovy and Python
• You find proudness in supporting others and enabling them to do their part of the work.
• You are a structured person allowing for exceptional solutions
• You are a holder of a university degree within Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or similar
• You are fluent in spoken and written English
• You have been part of safety-critical development before and understand the implications from CI/CD perspective
• You are keen on spreading your knowledge amongst your co-workers
• You are self-driven; you think in solutions and have the energy to make things happen
• You are result-oriented with a “think-outside-of-the-box-attitude”
• You have a keen perception with a good portion of quality understanding
• You have experience from Autosar classic related CI/CD flows
• You have skills in C programming