Thermal Management is a department/sub-technology stream within Volvo Group Trucks Technology with the responsibility for developing optimized cab climate and vehicle cooling and heating systems for all truck brands within the Volvo Group.
In this assignment, you will have the opportunity to verify software used for all technologies such as Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) and Fuel Cells (FCs) for all Trucks brands in the Volvo group. The Volvo Group is now embarking on a journey to modernize our electrical system architecture which is also a major technology shift. They are looking for an experienced verification engineer that is really committed to software quality and to lifelong learning
What will you do?
You will work with providing efficient verification, quick verification feedback loop, high quality reporting (coverage, problem reports etc.) and team performance evaluation and improvement. The vision is to be a laboratory for improved and innovative verification methods. As a verification engineer, you will be working both with hands-on testing on trucks and rigs as well as with automation.
• Responsible for Release/Regression/System and End to End Testing.
• Creating test strategy, test plan, test scope according to the project.
• Identify the testing environment/test data based on the needs.
• Create or update manual or automation test cases.
• Execute test cases in different test environments (trucks, rigs, simulation models, etc.) and reporting.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the test effort and based on that propose and drive improvements to the test process
• Implement innovative solutions regarding verification tools and processes, including identifying further possibilities for automation.
Who are we looking for?
You need to have excellent communication skills and thrive in cooperation with others.
They believe you are a person with a quality and customer mindset and take real interest in how the software is used and what is needed for it to work in a vehicle. You are structured in your work and like to analyze problems.
They need you to engage in making us better by contributing to continuous improvements.
• Long experience in embedded software verification from the automotive industry, preferably from climate control and or thermal management
• LIN, CAN, and Ethernet communication
• Vector toolchain and especially CANalyzer and CANoe.
• MIL, SIL and HIL testing and vehicle testing
• Good knowledge of software programming languages like C# and Python
• Knowledge of truck electrical architecture
• International and multi-cultural experience with a global organization
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, power BI and requirement tools
Level 4: >10 years of experience in the domain