The ESS Controls group is responsible for Multi-pack battery management software used in all clients electric products, such as, busses, trucks, construction equipment, and marine applications. Organizationally they belong to Electromobility, which was formed to be in the forefront of environmentally friendly transport solutions for a more sustainable tomorrow.
Teamwork and collaboration is the foundation of great products and an attractive workplace. Therefore, they work in cross-functional teams with complementary skills committed to a common purpose. Each team plan their work and deliver solutions together according to SAFe and Agile methods. The responsibility covers the full product life-cycle, from design, software implementation and calibration to verification and maintenance in customer end products.
Who are you?
To be successful in this position you need to be a team player with strong collaboration/networking skills and have an analytic mindset of a true problem solver. You also need to be open-minded, self-motivated, and meticulous with independent critical thinking in your problem-solving approach. You either have a long experience from electric vehicle drivelines, the automotive industry, system development, software development or you have a PhD level academic background in Control Systems with great attitude and willingness to learn and take more responsibility with time in practical automotive applications.
In addition, we believe you have the following:
• Master of Science in control systems, mechatronics, electrical engineering, signal processing, or engineering physics.
• Strong aptitude in abstract thinking, rigorous mathematical modeling, system theoretic analysis, and model-based control design.
• High proficiency in MATLAB and Simulink based modelling/analysis.
• Some experience with embedded software development for control applications.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English.
• 6-10 years of experience from Embedded software development design & development
Any experience with electro-thermal and ageing dynamics of Lithium-ion batteries along with battery state estimation and control algorithms will be meritorious.
Automotive experience, TargetLink, C/C++, Embedded SW/HW, Control Theory, HIL, driver license C/D, CAN, LIN, ISO 26262, J1939, Autosar, Systems Engineering.
Level 3: 7-10 years of experience in the domain