You will be one of the senior embedded SW engineers in the development of embedded software platform, its integration on specific hardware and associated tools for current & future “Software-Defined Vehicles”. The Embedded SW platform that you will be working will be integrated in the “brain” of the vehicle which we call our centralized computational node which is based on high end SOC with multiple cores hosting several operating systems some of them on top of Hypervisor and providing capabilities for application developers to develop application with mixed criticality levels. This will be used by most of the Volvo brand vehicles.
You will work with development and integration of concepts and technologies for our embedded software platform with focus on Hypervisor technologies. The other products within the department are around Volvo Autosar Platform (VAP), Linux, and Volvo Dynamic Software Platform (VDSP) based on Adaptative Autosar. The work is done in very close collaboration with our different suppliers and various development/architecture teams at Volvo. The work may include integration of these platforms in different ECUs and software development of platform features. This position offers variation in challenges and assignments and requires an open mind to new technologies and concepts.
Who are we?
The mission of the Base SW Group within Electrical and Electronics Architecture at Vehicle Technology is to provide best in class embedded software platform & technologies, that enable’s software-driven transport solutions for Volvo. We believe in “Software-Defined Everything” and strive to be in the forefront. We foster teamwork and collaboration with continuous improvement mind-set.
We are responsible for the complete life cycle, from strategy to maintenance of the on-board base SW platform which also implies that the group explores/uses both latest technology and tools as well as matured technology and tools. We have the product and technical ownership of the on-board base SW platform delivered by the team.
Our current products are: Volvo Autosar Platform and Volvo Dynamic Software Platform (VDSP) based on Adaptative Autosar, Linux, Hypervisor and QNX Neutrino OS technologies.
Who are you?
• A person passionate about embedded software
• Have worked at low level embedded SW development e.g., BSP, MCAL, device driver implementations, etc
• You have very good programming skills in C and/or C++ in embedded environment and “hands-on” experience working with complex embedded software solution/design
• Interested in automation, CI and CD
• Experience with working in close collaboration with suppliers
• Service mindset to provide a good SW platform to the user of it
• Capable to analyse and apply knowledge on not fully given frames. The product and procedures are given; however, the work requires experience and the capacity to perform analysis and draw conclusions from thousands of puzzle pieces in complex embedded system solution
• Eager to take operational responsibility in the day-to-day work and not hesitating to collaborate to get things done
• Good education in Software Engineering, Computer engineering, Electrical engineering or equivalent
• Experience of working with real-time embedded systems
• Good experience with CI environment, GIT, Artifactory, Jenkins
• Experience in agile development
• Experience with Hypervisor/Adaptive AUTOSAR/Embedded Linux Kernel is a big advantage
Example of some tasks:
– Configuring the hypervisor and Guest OS
– Integrating the Board support packages (BSP)
– Board bring up and boot delivery on SoC
– Network, Firewall, Security and Functional safety controls configuration
– Power modes design and configuration
– SoC state management
– Development of automation support for integration
– Development of automated testcases using CANoe and C# with requirements tracking
– Ensuring functional safety and cybersecurity on the platform, developing the software safety mechanisms and adhering to Functional Safety development manuals and guidelines