You will be part of a team that develops and maintains a scalable CI system built to give development teams and suppliers the ability to rapidly develop software while keeping high-quality standards through automated testing. Our CI system is based on Zuul (an open-source CI tool) that we host in AWS and use to provide standard jobs written with Python and Ansible that developers can run to analyze, test, and build their code. The team is a key player in the software development ecosystem at Volvo Cars and our systems are used by over 1000 developers.
Typical tasks in the team include monitoring and analyzing system performance metrics, troubleshooting issues at every level, from cloud infrastructure to compilation errors, and implementing solutions to integrate new platforms and tools into the CI chain.
For this assignment we are looking for someone with experience in designing, deploying, and maintaining cloud infrastructure.
What you’ll bring
• Master of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Expertise working with C/C++ and Python
• Experience working with continuous integration tools
• Understanding of software development workflow and processes
• Cloud infrastructure
• Experience in software development for embedded systems
• Understanding of model-based systems, Simulink/TargetLink
• Experience with issue tracking tools and an Agile way of working
• A good ability of communication and team work is essential
• Structured, with good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Capable of focusing on both daily issues and long term visions
• Interested in new tools and technologies