ART Electrical Infrastructure, belonging to Software & Electronics Platform, intends to strengthen its SW, Methods & Tools team with a SW developer focusing on development in the Capital Tool.
Capital enables companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative Wire Harness & electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. We uses Capital to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of electrical system design.
ART Electrical Infrastructure is seeking a highly motivated technologist with the capability and desire to make a significant contribution to the electrical systems/wire harness with broad knowledge and understanding of changing trends, technology and key issues in the Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial domains and its principles, practices and techniques.
We have an open position for a Software developer to join our SW, Tools & Method Team, being responsible for tailoring Capital based solutions to customer requirements. Focus is on development of customer-specific integrations and customizations utilizing Web-services and Capital’s application programming interface (API). The candidate will be required to work within an international team. As a Software Development engineer in the SW, Tools & Method Team, it is required to understand, design and implement solutions for the electrical systems domain.
CAPITAL is a Java-based tool that encompasses the following technologies:
• Computer Aided Design and Engineering
• Relational Database (Oracle, Postgres)
• Object Oriented Design and Development
• Windows and UNIX operating systems
• Web-services and API’s for customer-specific integration and customization
• Highly interactive Web and tablet clients
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to perform the following tasks
• Understand design process and the context of the requirement
• Translate customer requirements into software specifications
• Design, implement and test the functionality for the requirements
• Participate/Drive in code/design reviews
• Interact with co-workers and stakeholders to improve the quality of deliverables
• Meet with customers, address identified issues to bring the work to a successful conclusion
• Technically strong in Java EE, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Swing, FX
• Strong in Web Services technologies (SOAP, HTML 5, Java script)
• Familiarity with CSS will be a plus
• Experience with PDM and/or PLM SW and exposure to Cabling would be beneficial
• Good appreciation of industrial software solutions and architectures
• Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
• Ability to learn new technologies
• Ability to understand the electrical distribution system design and manufacturing flows/processes
• Highly self-motivated with an eagerness to learn and take initiatives
• Follow software development best practices, lifecycle and methodologies
(e.g. Agile, System Requirements Specifications, Unit test…)
• Project management skills (Lead & Senior Consultant only)
• Good verbal and written English communication skills
• Engineering graduate or post-graduate, preferably from Computer Science background, with minimum 3 years of industry experience