A Solution Architect to project with purpose to replace current system with modern fit-for-purpose financial consolidation system. Future state is to perform group financial consolidation with support from a modern, efficient, and flexible system that optimizes the closing period process, increases quality, and lowers risk of errors through reduced manual work.
We need to strengthen the project team with the capabilities of a Solution Architect that is creative, analytical, outgoing, and pragmatic. That can provide required technical expertise, to ensure the new solution meets business needs along with architecturally significant functional and non-functional requirements.
The role will also support smaller initiatives if and when they arise in tax, treasury and accounting.
Objectives of the role:
- Provide technical leadership to the consolidation project team through-out the full project lifecycle.
- Ensure the end-to-end solution and processes meet the requirements of the project stakeholders.
- Ensure that the selected solution is aligned with corporate Enterprise architect policies and decisions, including our security requirements while also allowing for flexible data ingress which is scalable and robust. Contribute to the implementation and adoption of the selected financial consolidation solution.
- The Solution Architecture Description, that describes the solution from a numerous different perspective and is based on the Business Architecture Outline. Normally high-level in beginning and more complete over time. The SAD constitutes the total set of requirements to be used in the procurement process and realization of the new system.
- Attend governance functions to support the project manager with deep solution knowledge.
- Attend design reviews with architecture peer group.
- Collaborate with the EA community, project members, user groups and stakeholders to understand the business requirements, identifying solution gaps and available capabilities, and defining the solution to meet the business need.
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with other project teams, as required. E.g., Client Excellence platform with global CRM system, Data and Connectivity Platform, multiple country and divisional team who manage our ERP applications.
- Architecture solutions and integrations to be used as input into the procurement process in line with corporate architecture and cyber-security guidelines.
- Work closely with the selected vendor to ensure work scope is maintained and solutions are implemented as defined.
- Ensure the Solution Architecture Description is kept up to date during the entire project life cycle while also supporting the development, test and go-live stages of the project.
- Ensure that the project adhere to the Technology Architectural Guidelines.
Skills and Qualification
- Documented experience as a Solution Architect delivering valid solutions in medium to large organizations, including:
Experience to visualize and model business processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Clear communication skills and the ability to translate technical details of the project into simple language to be easy to understand for non-technical stakeholders.
- Used to communicate with both IT and business and bridge between business problem and the architectural solution.
- Significant work experience in global organizations
- Cloud based environments.
- Documented experience in working with one of the leading global vendors of financial close and consolidation solutions (such as OneStream, CCH Tagetic, Aaro or Oracle Cloud EPM).
- Strong working knowledge of relevant Microsoft applications, including Visio, Miro.
- 10+ years’ work experience of IT in general, with a focus on Solution Architecture for at least 5-10 years.
- Solution Architecture Certification, IASA or similar
- Experience of delivering realizable solution architectures for medium to large initiatives
- Experience of applying foundational Integration and Security requirements and practices into solutions.