As a Project Manager at Electrification Solutions, you will be leading projects within for developing new products and solutions within the electrification field of Epiroc. Your responsibility will range from project start to completion, i.e. project chartering, planning, securing of the project team, budgeting, project execution, follow up, etc.
The Main Project manager is a part of the PMO (Project Management Office) of the newly formed organization, Electrification Solution and connected to the bigger network, aimed to gather and nurture learnings and best practices for effective project execution within the field of electrification towards our electrification vision. Through the closest team in the EES PMO and the extended project management network you will be able to get support and exchange knowledge with other experienced project management colleagues. The projects in the portfolio make out a broad range from battery pack development to innovation of infrastructure solutions, all encompassed by our innovative approach.
We apply different methodologies depending on the project characteristic, in a safe to fail and learn environment and we collaborate closely with the business and technical expertise in an iterative and communicative way. This to ensure the drive towards the common goal for delivery of efficient electrification solutions.
We are currently looking for a methodical and experienced project manager with proven track record of delivering complex projects. Leadership skills, the ability to establish and nurture an efficient project culture and ensuring that the project is well structured with will be key to succeed in this role. Personal profile, attitude and interest will be equally important – We are looking for you who have a dare to think new attitude and want to be in a part of shaping tomorrow’s electrified solutions for mining and infrastructure.
In the daily work, we expect all project managers to be self-driven and active leaders of their respective project teams. You will be the go-to person for the projects that you lead. To be successful in this role, we expect you need to be able to identify any actions required to secure the progress of the projects as well as being comfortable in interacting with project sponsors, project steering groups and internal stakeholders such as capital divisions and parts and service division.
As a person, we believe you like getting to know new people and are curious of their different perspectives. Collaboration and communication through any channels, platforms or across borders and building your network, comes natural to you. As a part of EES successful project execution, you will contribute to achieving our mission, which is to accelerate the sustainable profitable growth of Epiroc’s electrification business.
Specific tasks and main responsibilities:
• Project chartering in collaboration with respective product managers within Epiroc Electrification Solutions
• Project methodology assessment and suggest for decision
• Project planning and risk assessment
• Identify and secure resources necessary for the project team/activities
• Identify dependencies
• Oversee and ensure coordination of the daily work in the project team
• Coordinate for identification of risk and risk management activities
• Interact with stakeholders
• Reporting to project governance and collaboration forums (monthly/quarterly)
• Ensure the activities are aligned with the scope of the project
• Follow up on budget and continuously evaluate project performance
Formal knowledge and experience needed:
• Service minded
• Experience from different project methodologies (waterfall and agile) and leading teams
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (such as Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) and major project management tools
• Administrative skills
• Computer literacy
• Solid technical interest and understanding
• Experience or knowledge from power electronics
• Drive to develop own personal and professional skills
• Excellent skills in English both verbal and written
• Social communication skills with a result driven mentality
• Experience from the mining and/or construction industry/equipment business