Business Strategy work is focused on facilitating and developing the organizations medium and long-term goals including:
– Identifying growth opportunities, business model innovation, and facilitating cross-business unit initiatives
– Evaluating and financial modeling of potential merger, acquisition, divestment, partnership and joint venture opportunities
– Monitoring medium to long-term business trends/outlooks, gathering competitive intelligence to contribute to strategic business planning discussions with leadership
– Initiate, frame and execute strategic analysis by combining internal and external data and facilitate cross functional analysis.
– In some organizations may review corporate governance, balanced score card performance, and participate in the annual business planning cycle.
Manager level is a specialist in Business Strategy in specific area typically obtained through education and work experience. Responsibilities typically include:
– Managing large projects or (end to end) processes with limited oversight from manager.
– Coaching, reviewing and delegating work to lower level professionals.
– Problems faced are difficult and often complex.