At our Technology Promotion Department we work with several business groups to grow the business at scale through external partner engagement via APIs and development kits. To drive open innovation using our technologies, a positive developer onboarding experience is essential. Thus, TPRD mission includes to envision and synthesize future technologies. This requires people with strong technical capabilities and a sense of self-driven technical leadership.
As an Azure Developer and Platform Engineer within TPRD, you will conduct technical investigations, infrastructure setup, software deployments as well as development and bug fixing of existing software services. You will be working closely with the Sony Semiconductor Solutions divisions and are expected to apply accumulated knowledge of the technologies into business contexts.
This role requires you to be a problem solver, with a curious mindset. You will be doing everything from creating application environments to hands-on testing to end-user support. To be able to understand and find workarounds whenever the concept is vaguely defined will be required. You will be keen to explore new solutions and should contribute to analysis and design, technical documentation, transition and deployment of software components and systems while working with our front-end application developers and liaise with the backend developers
We are working in a fast-changing environment with room for creative ideas.
To share knowledge, educate and help others – developers and non-technical persons alike – is an important part of the role.
- Analyze the viability of technical solutions to meet stakeholder requirements and make recommendations to adapt and increase efficiency
- Support and troubleshoot, assist project team with any environmental issues during application deployment across development, QA, staging and production environment
- Set up environment to run our managed applications, ecosystem and tools including AI applications and tools
- Support customers developing and deploying their solutions integrating our managed applications and associated HW
- Contribute to technical documentation, create sample projects and PoC (Proof of Concepts) to promote and educate the developer-user
- Using your solid knowledge of APIs, work with app developers in the team to integrate those APIs, creating the correct queries and scripting
- Assist internal development teams to create and package their API and/or hardware development kits in a developer-friendly way for smooth onboarding
- Influence internal product roadmap and strategy with your working knowledge and experience with external developers to create more successful developer products
The Role Requires
- Very good understanding and technical exposure to Azure cloud technologies and concepts
- 3+ years of experience designing and supporting Azure environments, e.g. load balancer / traffic manager config, Azure AD user and roles management, serverless deployments with Azure Functions, Azure Key Vault
- Hands on experience using the Azure administration portal
- In-depth hands-on Eexperience with Microsoft Azure account/tenant managementAzure Load Balancer / Traffic Manager config, User and roles management within Azure AD, Serverless deployments with Azure Functions, Azure Key V
- Database Knowledge such as Cosmos DB & SQL Database / Azure DB for MySQL
- Knowledge of core Azure related architecture (e.g Virtual Network setup, DIP configuration, Virtual Machine handling, ADNS, Network Security Groups)
- API Management or API usage experience
- Knowledge of REST API development
- Experience with REST API/ Web API creation, consumption and integration & API Management
- Experience with building and provisioning using Docker & container orchestration tool
- Experience in IoT solution is a big plus (e.g IoT Hub, Azure Marketplace)
- Knowledge of Custom Vision tools and interest in AI is a big plus
- Open Source projects contributions or experience to handle version-controlled source code
- General knowledge of Automation / scripting skills
- Self-driving contributor who can work independently as well as in a team
- Adaptable to a fast and frequently changing work environment
- Good English communication skills (writing, verbal, presentation)
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field