Our Client are looking to strengthen their engineering area who are working with their new UI, that is used by customer service representatives, store agents and external retail partners.
As a Java Software Engineer, you will work in one of our client´s development teams that is continuing to expand a newly built application that is used by their managed channels. The application is a stateless microservices middleware written in Spring boot 2 / Java 11 and is hosted using Kubernetes. It interfaces with APIs from various teams within the company as well as with external partners. This application is a part of a complex IT-telecom infrastructure with many dependencies.
Close communication and collaborations with multiple teams that connect the whole user journey will be crucial. A good understanding of Data models and relationships will also be important.
To succeed in the role:
- You are humble, respectful, and you accomplish as a team.
- You are structured and highly committed in what you do.
- You balance speed of delivery with quality, and you take care of the long-term health of the code base you are building.
- You seek out code reviews and are excited about pairing and mob programming.
- You understand the value of continuous improvement and challenging status quo.
- You enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with your colleagues.
- Java 8/11
- Junit (TDD)
- Experience of working with HTTP/Restful APIs
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Working knowledge of Git
- Spring boot (or core Spring framework)
- Elastic Stack (Kibana, APM or similar log aggregation/tracing tools)
- Grafana / Prometheus (or similar monitoring tools)
- Postman/Curl (or similar API testing tools)
- Working knowledge of Pull requests in GitHub
Experience of working with TMForum OpenAPIs will be highly valued (but not required)