Our client within the retail industry is looking for a Data Engineer to their Analytics & Data Platform team.
In this role you will play a vital role for us in our mission to make the group a truly data and insight driven company democratize data providing a modern self-service data platform.
This role focuses on shaping their next generation of data platforms to build and manage data assets and scale across the whole organization targeted towards Analytics/BI and AI. You will build the data platform as a service on the latest cloud technologies to simplify completed batch and stream data processing pipelines. You do this in close collaboration with other product teams.
Your work tasks will include
- Develop and design the next generation data platform with focus on self-service capabilities and data mesh concept
- Build, test & maintain source/sink connectors, processors, transformation, and metadata storage building blocks
- Develop schema management and update strategies
- Add value by leveraging and setting new trends in data engineering through design, architecture, and implementation of highly used data services
- Work with cross-functional initiative and collaborate with product teams across the whole organization
We believe you are a smart, humble and hungry person and is eager to help in building the next modern data platform. You will play a key role in their data transformation journey. In order to succeed, we believe that you have previous experience in building, testing and maintaining data pipelines as well working with Big Data technologies. You feel accountable for the work done and you take pride in question and changing the status quo. You dare to speak up when necessary and seek input and feedback to improve further.
- 5+ years’ experience of software development and testing in the field of Data & Analytics
- Experience in Big Data technologies (Presto, Hive, Spark)
- Experience in Big Data file formats (e.g., Avro, Parquet)
- Expert in data base programming languages (SQL, PL/SQL, other for relational databases)
- Expert in object-oriented programming languages such (Java, Scala, Python)
- Experienced in agile methodologies
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- You want to make an impact and take on big complex issues
- Experience from successful delivery of high-quality outcomes
- Passion for people and interest for technology