At ICE R&D you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding premium combustion engines. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric hybrid engine technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? PES Research & Development is the place for you to prosper.
The group is a part of the section Lab & Workshop and consists of 16 engineers responsible for 24 engine test beds. Those test beds are used for engine function- and durability steady state testing. The steady state test beds are mainly used for base calibration of performance, emissions and fuel economy. Tests of different hardware setups and new concepts are also among our daily tasks.
As a Test Engineer your main responsibility is to perform tests. You will handle several types of test equipment and measuring devices and work closely with test engineers, mechanics, designers, maintenance staff and colleagues within the group to develop and improve the complete test process. The daily tasks are very varied due to the fact that we are performing tests from early prototype stages to the final homologation of production engines. This can include hands on mechanical work to updating test bed software and advanced system fault tracing.
- Plan and prepare new tests in the test bed computer system
- Execute tests and analyze results together with internal customers
- Responsible for quality assurance of test systems and test data delivery
- Responsible for test object to rig interfacing
- Supporting the daily operation of the test beds
- Experience in engine and hybrids testing with associated equipment
- Prior experience in engine calibration is very meritorious
- Fluent in Swedish and English both written and spoken
- B.Sc. in Electronics, Automation or Mechanical Engineering is meritorious
- Team player with strong communications skills
- Able to work independently and take required actions on own initiative
- A fast learner and willing to spread knowledge to others
- Analytical mind and sense of order
- A genuine interest of technology