Vehicle Motions Control at SW and Electronics deliver features and innovations to enable the next generations of electric propulsions, self-driving vehicles and active safety technology. Vehicle Motion Controls aim is to control the vehicle in all 6 degrees of freedom by input from several sensor to control several actuators as propulsion, and chassis features. The organisation work from early research and advanced engineering projects to industrialization of the systems, in cross functional teams that covers all from feature definition, system design, sw development to system and vehicle testing.
As System Design Engineer, you will be a part of the team that developing the controls to support everything from propulsion, chassis to Active Safety/Autonomous Drive systems. We are working with a variety of different areas and tasks such as system safety architecture, subsystem definition, function realization and system design of ECUs and sensors. Your role and initial tasks will be based upon the competence and experience that you bring into the team.
Who are you?
We seek those that are open minded and have a good ability to cooperate, which is essential given the fact that you need to manage a broad network both internally and externally. You are a good communicator with ability to cope with many topics in parallel. You are a technical-minded team player with the ability to work with different cultures. You have a strong analytical capability, is structured and organized in daily work, business and performance driven with a solution focused mindset.
- M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics or similar
- Excellent English skills, both verbally and in writing
- Driver’s license (type B)
- System engineering or software design within the automotive sector or similar
- Experience of Volvo Cars Base Technologies (SWDL, Diagnostics, NWM, etc.)
- Experience of AUTOSAR and ISO26262
- Working with requirements management
- Managing suppliers in an international environment