Mobile Apps iOS Software Developer The Volvo On Call mobile app revolutionized the industry and every day we make life less complicated for hundreds of thousands of people by giving them remote access to the car from the comfort of their couch. With the app you can for instance start, heat and prepare the car for your trip by sending your destination to the car, either from your phone, tablet or your watch.
Here in Gothenburg, you will thrive as part of a highly skilled cross functional agile team where your primary focus will be within the development of the iOS mobile app, but with the opportunity to learn from your peers, broaden your skills and experience within the other system parts such as Android, test automation, embedded C++ and system design. So, come join us in the forefront of technology and create the next thing that magazines and sites like Engadget and the Verge writes about.
- Design, develop and maintain the Volvo On Call iOS application for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
- Engage with the rest of the team and actively pull tasks from the backlog
- Write testable code and unit tests
- Code review your colleagues
- Follow technical trends and raise innovative new features
- BSc degree in a computer related field or equivalent work experience as a mobile apps software developer or be a passionate spare time developer.
- Documented experience of released applications (at least one published app) or open source projects, either by your own accord or as a member of a team
- Experience in writing testable and maintainable code.
- Fluent in Swift (Objective-C knowledge is a plus) and a good understanding of the iOS platform and framework
- Excellent English, both verbally and written
- Android mobile app development using Java and previous experience with mobile apps projects involving smartphone accessories using BLE is highly meritorious
- Deep knowledge in C++ cross platform development
- Experience in agile tools such as Jira, Git and Jenkins
- Experience in software development automation
- Passion for new technologies, software development and creating great user experiences
- Willing to take up the task that is most important for the team to progress
- A positive and easy going mindset