In the Connected Experience organisation, we work in customer-centric product teams to build products that make owning a car better. We work on products and platforms such as Connected Car Cloud Platform, Service Booking, Connected Safety, Customer Care Chat, over-the-air updates, car connectivity, and APIs for building new innovative services.
We are now looking for a Java Software Backend Developer with AWS cloud experience for one of our four Location Based Service teams that works with our product Connected Safety. The teams within the ART DevOps digital products and platforms across car, cloud and connectivity.
What you’ll do
You will work within our DevOps team collaborate with your Product Owner to ensure the right functionality is being developed and estimate the size and complexity of the work to be able to plan upcoming sprints. You will determine and maintain the technical design in our area within the given architectural guidelines. You will define, build, test and deploy the functionality to relevant product maturity levels and support and/or build the automation necessary to build the continuous delivery machine.
Additionally, we will give you the opportunity to work in an ever-changing agile way of working where you will be part of empowered product teams that strive for continuous learning and improvement as they build and operate the product the user needs. You will have competent colleagues in the same role with whom you can on a daily basis share and discuss experiences and problems within latest technologies that we use.
- We believe you have more than 2 years of experience as a Java developer.
- You probably have following education – BSc degree or higher in engineering or equivalent.
- Has strong understanding in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and implementing new solutions to streamline the entire business process.
Technical skills & platforms we use
- You probably have experience with IoC, e.g. Spring & experience with relevant version control, build & deploy tooling – Git, Maven, Cloud development with docker, microservices in AWS.
- We also think you have experience and understanding in development methodology principles (e.g. SAFe, Scrum, Lean, Kanban)
Additional Skills Preferred
- Experience with relevant products – *nix, Docker, Kafka and Cassandra.
- Experience with test driven development and test automation
- Integration technologies. JMS/MQ, REST, AMQP, MQTT
- Experience of GUI design and testing
- Clean coding practices
- Information modelling and architecture