This role is within our Global Online Digital team, which is using digital technologies to reinvent the experience of becoming a Volvo customer. There’s no reason the experience of buying a car should be painful and difficult – it should be as enjoyable and exciting as actually having a new car. That is our mission. You will be responsible for developing front-end software for consumer facing and internal products across more than 100 countries. We create the end-to-end experience for online sales/subscriptions of cars, global campaigns as well as frameworks for other parts of Volvo cars. Your responsibilities will include rapid development of prototypes/concepts, and regular product development.
You should have start-up experience where you have quickly developed prototypes and catalysed product development in a fast paced, fluid environment. You are a hands-on developer with front-end experience. You are experienced with agile development and a champion of software development best practices.
You and your skills:
- You are experienced as a front-end software engineer. To succeed in this role, you need to have a minimum of 3 years of work experience developing front-end software.
- Expert in React.js
- Experience in Typescript
- Experience in using Next.js framework
- Experience in using one or more cloud providers like AWS or Azure
- Experience in building accessible and performant websites
- Experience with headless content management systems
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures
Last but not least, share our passion for cars and developments in the auto industry.