At the Agile Release Train Core System Components, within Software & Electronics Platform, we develop body controllers, I/O controllers, electrical power distribution units and electrical power supply – hardware as well as software – for all current and future vehicle platforms. We work with solutions from early concept to industrialization and follow-up in the field.
We are dedicated to building cross-functional and empowered teams and an agile environment where we learn every day, challenge each other and give continuous feedback. We are now looking for a System Software Engineer to join our agile development teams on their exciting journey!
The teams in question are responsible for developing and delivering two complete I/O controller ECUs. These units are a central part of the new SPA2 software & electronic platform, realizing important software functionality – both on system service and customer function level. The teams are developing software to integrate supplier-developed hardware and basic software with in-house developed application software, and they are also responsible for verifying and delivering the complete ECU for manufacturing.
Who you are
- We think you are a self-driven team player with high ambitions and both a sense of ownership and dedication to quality in everything you do.
- You take a structured approach to your work and have analytical skills that you have successfully applied to complex engineering tasks in the past.
- You have leadership skills and ambitions, collaborate well with your peers and are open to share your work and expertise – and you are also not afraid to ask when you need their help. At the same time, you have no problem stating your own opinion and setting high standards when collaborating with e.g. suppliers.
- You communicate well in English and have a B.Sc. or equivalent within Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, or similar area of education. An M.Sc. is extra meritorious.
- We expect you to have solid experience from automotive software design and development, system engineering, Autosar, ECU base tech and in-vehicle communication. We also appreciate background within embedded software testing, continuous integration and ISO 26262.
What will you do?
As part of an ARTCSC empowered agile team, you will ensure the delivery and quality of two complete I/O controller ECU in our future cars.
You will take a system view to ensure that all involved software components – developed by us or other teams – integrate and function well in our units. The work will focus on mapping and keeping track of end-to-end requirements, interfaces and communication between software components, and also driving and facilitating the dialogue between all involved parties – within our own teams, with other in-house development teams, and suppliers. An important part will be to compile and communicate an overview and overall picture of our software, helping team members to understand and maintain the structure in our development. The work will also allow you to expand your professional network, as you will be in contact with many different parts of the Volvo Cars organization.