At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers’ lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking.
What’s in it for you?
This role is within our Global Online Digital team, which is using digital technologies to reinvent the experience of becoming a Volvo customer. There is no reason the experience of buying a car should be painful and difficult – it should be as enjoyable and exciting as actually having a new car. That is our mission.
The primary role on the team is to design and implement software solutions in accordance with architectural practices outlined in the organization. We work in cross-functional and highly collaborative agile teams, and you will be on a team that is responsible for both new product development and feature enhancements of existing products.
What you’ll do
- Develop backend services and APIs that support a multitude of applications, be it on a website or in a vehicle.
- Help improve our development process, from conception to execution.
- Work on globally scaled applications with people from all over the world.
You and your skills:
- Experience as a back-end software engineer, designing and building cloud native, distributed services running on Kubernetes.
- Expert in back-end development, including data models, persistence layers, back-end services (REST APIs and gRPC), caching strategies and asynchronous messaging.
- Experience of working with AWS, Azure, or other major cloud providers
- Technical interviewing, and helping to build a highly functioning software development team
- Knowledge of Integer Linear Programming (ILP) is a plus
We think you share our passion for technology and have the desire to work closely with other team members in a highly collaborative environment to create software of the highest quality.
As a person, we think you are inspiring, motivating and moving the development process forward in a positive and driven way.
You are experienced with agile development and a champion of software development best practices.
10 years working experience or more within relevant area
Knowledge: Generalist skill, unique competence within delimited technical area.
Leadership: May have main responsibility with a leadership role over a larger group.
Independence: Very independent