We need to reinforce and accelerate the development of next generation Telematics and Connectivity platform, enabling a global connectivity functionality in all cars.
Our cross-functional development teams need to secure the design, implementation and testing/verification of the features. The QA part needs to be done by means of automated test frameworks to the highest extent possible.
Connected Experience unit within R&D includes Connectivity and Car Cloud Platform, Infotainment Platform, Applications and Data & Diagnostics. Our vision and strategy are to maximize the attractiveness of owning and using a Volvo, make all cars connected and provide a continuously enhanced experience for both new and existing cars. The ART Connectivity Platform within the Department Connectivity and Car Cloud Platform is responsible for delivering Global Connectivity as a service – E2E including HW, SW and Mobile Network Services. The platform we provide is the prerequisite for all connected applications and services within the vehicle.
Information about project
The project aims at development of connectivity functionality in next generation Telematics & Connectivity Antenna Module (TCAM).
Daily tasks and responsibilities
- Part of a scrum team (~7 persons), working agile with backlog items in 2 week sprints.
- All reporting of status and progress in JIRA/Flow and daily standup meetings Competence Requirements – Experience and background
- Master degree or equivalent in Software- or/and Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of application development using C++
- Deep knowledge of Linux
- TCP/IP stack
- Network connectivity-related components
- Gerrit (or equivalent code review system)
- Driver’s license B
- Embedded development
- Passion for new technologies, software development and creating great user experiences
- Hungry and not afraid to adopt new challenges
- Great team player
- Good networking and communication skills
- Willing to take up the task that is most important for the team to progress