Our clients Software Development Centre are looking for a Release Train Engineer.
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE’s major responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value. RTEs communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
Common work tasks:
- Coordinate and ensure the agile events (PI planning, Review, Demo, Retrospective)
- First escalation point for the development teams
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART and Solution Train using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanbans and other information radiators
- Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve
- Managing risks that may affect release scope
- Work with the teams and understand their risks and weakness
- Support the teams to understand their needs and plans. Understand the overall picture on how our client is in relation to the release with both technical challenges and test, Q&A need for the release
- Planning release windows and the overall release lifecycle
- Manage and coordinate dependencies and releases between different teams/trains
Our client will look for a person with good level of positive energy. Since this is a central role for them it is important to be part of building the culture they want to build with personal engagement and energy pared with high level of delivery.
- 6+ years of experience in software product management
- Experience as a Release Train Engineer
- Thorough understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience in delivering results in an ambiguous and changing environment
- Fluency in English
Good to have
- Meriting with experience working towards the China market
- Product development of SaaS (Software as a Service) and IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things).