Lead Simulation Engineer 1D-flow/CFD
- Plan, lead and perform computer aided analysis of transmissions with 1D flow and 3D CFD models. We use ANSA as pre-processor and the solvers are GT-SUITE and STAR-CCM+.
- Support project leaders and design engineers with technical solutions and recommendations in all project phases (from concept design to running projects and maintenance).Our gearboxes will be installed in conventional and hybrid drivelines, as well as electrified power units. It is expected that the consultant presents and explains the results at meetings as well as in technical reports.
The consultant will contribute with method and tool development in the simulation team.
- Master of Science or higher in Mechanical Engineering with focus on Applied Mechanics or equivalent
- Have worked several years with CFD and in the tools ANSA / STAR-CCM+
- Work experience of 1D flow simulations in the industry, preferably by using GT-SUITE
- Programming competence in Matlab or Python is a plus
- Previous experience of transmission analysis from product development is a merit
The consultant should have a genuine technical interest, especially in mechanical systems and be able to work both independently and in cross functional teams. The person should have the ability to explain results and conclusions in a structured and pedagogical way to colleagues and stakeholders.