Java Developer with Performance Tester Skills in PIERequirements
The successful candidate should have experience in the following areas,
- Java, J2EE, Web Services (JAX-RS, JAX-WS), EJB, TDD
- Eclipse, git, Jenkins, VSTS
- Maven, JUnit ,Soap UI , Jmeter
- SQL Server, Oracle, WAS 8
- Effective communication skill and should be able to understand the code level changes which might impact performance by interacting with developers/BA and by analysing the production logs.
Candidate should further help PT testing team to accordingly design testing scripts and test types.
- Able to write code for special performance testing requirements of application like mocking ,authentication etc. Ability to understand application logs to generate WLM patterns.
- Ability to fetch data for the services by interacting with developers and understanding code and database
- Should have experience in monitoring system stats and identify performance bottlenecks.
- Should be able to initial analysis of the PT issues and interact with developer if it is relevant application issue.
- Good Performance process knowledge and should have experience with different type of Performance tests like Capacity planning, Load , stress, volume and Endurance Testing.
- It is preferable that successful candidate have VIDA portfolio experience or Automotive Domain experience.
- It is preferable he should have working experience in agile methodology
The position is within Global Customer Service & Enterprise Digital and within the Service management area.
The successful candidate will be part of the VIDA development team that currently consists of approximately 40 team members divided into 5 feature teams. VIDA is the system used by the Technicians at the Volvocar’s workshops while theIf there are problem with applications within the VIDA portfolio (VIDA or PIE in this case) no cars can be serviced globally, with the consequence that it’s vital that the system is stable and functions correctly.
VIDA Development team and the PIE team works agile with several agile feature teams working in 3 weeks sprints with Product Owners from Customer Service (business) coached by three scrum masters. All VIDA and PIE development are done by the feature teams and all teams are collocated in Torslanda. We have started a journey towards continues delivery.
The teams perform application changes (continuous improvements, new features etc.) and corrections in the VIDA application. The VIDA application consists of a java backend and a .Net client while PIE is built on java. We now need to increase the VIDA and PIE development teams to be able to successfully deliver a stable and high quality application and develop new features. We want to improve our way of working with performance tests and we will add on some additional performance testers that will be part of the feature teams
As performance tester in VIDA One or PIE team you will be responsible for performance tests both as part of users story development and during regression tests.
- You also need to enhance current performance testing by delivering improvements like integration with VCAM,VIDA RS and VIDA Admin.
- You need to improve the existing performance testing by exploring steps like possibility to have auto builds , appdynamic integration etc.,
- You need to improve performance testing at the VIDA Portfolio level and suggest improvements to make performance testing better and provide more real life scenario.