In order to gain a complete view of our customers business context our solution must contain historic and current data from all relevant sources. This means extracting data from both internal systems via database connections and external sources by for example APIs.
You and the team will then incorporate the extracted data into our platform and the Datawarehouse. This includes cleansing and transforming the data, so it fits into a star schema. To continue to improve and develop the Datawarehouse you will do some data modeling together with the other developers.
On top of the Datawarehouse we develop a semantic layer in terms of analytical Cubes. Our primary focus is the tabular model where we will work with developing hierarchies, perspectives, Key performance indicators (KPI), measures etc.
In order to visualize the data, we build dynamic Power BI reports and dashboards. To ensure we develop valuable conditions for insights to our users, dialogue with our customers is a key factor.
Since we apply DevOps in our team, we both take care of development and maintenance. You will therefore together with the team also work with support and to improve performance and automatic monitoring and alarms.
You and your skills
- We believe you have some years of experience within the BI domain, relevant education in the area of Business Intelligence and that you enjoy working with data and the database layer.
- You have experience in working with Datawarehouse modeling, data pipelines (ETL), tabular models and build reports in Power BI.
- We would like you to have worked with Microsoft BI – stack and have experience in SQL Server, Power BI, Visual Studio and Microsoft management server. You are comfortable in using T-SQL, DAX and maybe even C#.net.
- Knowledge about Synapse Analytics. Data lakes, Data Bricks, Spark, Machine learning, Python and Scala is meritorious and the same applies to knowledge about Azure DevOps.
- We would like you to have good knowledge of speech and writing in Swedish and English
On a personal level
- You enjoy understanding the business process behind the data and have a burning interest in the domain BI.
- As a developer you like to take responsibility for the entire process and sees quality, performance and management as equivalent important to development.
- You like to collaborate, explore new solutions and enjoy working in a team.