Within Volvo Cars the the Solution Vehicle Tophat is responsible for development of the complete Tophat content distributed in the ARTs Interior Room, Seats and Safety, Exterior Front and Rear, Exterior systems and Interior Trim and Systems. There are also shared service teams with focus on Interior Surface Materials, the two attribute areas Ergonomics and Perceived Quality and also Quality and Launch.
Within Vehicle Tophat we have just recently started our journey towards Implementation of CI (Continuous Integration) on unit, component and domain level. To increase the implementation speed we will now add an experienced CI architect/Driver to the team to be able to guide and lead the complete Solution during the transformation/ implementation phase.
There are about 15 agile CI teams in the ARTs being responsible for the implementation of CI for their area but they need support and coordination to make a plan on a higher level to understand all activities needed.
The CI teams are responsible for providing the infrastructure needed to enable a continuous flow of high quality embedded software. This means development of our test automation framework, tools and alignment and development of the continuous integration (CI) for the solutions developed within Vehicle Tophat.
What you’ll do
As CI Architect/Driver you will guide us in the right direction so we are sure we have a competitive CI that fulfils our needs also in the future.
You will be a key player in how we can utilize this in the most optimal way regarding e.g. high availability. You will work closely with both the CI R&D central cross functional development team, but also with the CI teams in the developing ART’s.
You need to have a very good understanding of the need from the developers and you have experience from developing software relying on CI. Together with our CI teams, you are constantly striving to improve our products and our ways of working.
(Viktigt att det är en senior person)
- M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of software development, senior SW development competence
- Experience from using and developing CI toolchains
- Experience from large scale software development
- Experience of agile methodologies and concepts like DevOps, Kanban and Scrum
- Experience of Message bus
- Valid European driver’s license B
- Swedish language
- We believe that you have strong communication and analytical skills.
- You are a person with a proactive approach, a problem solver and a flexible team player.
- You are cooperative, enthusiastic, self-driven and have a high ability to work in teams as well as individually.