In this position, as a Measurement Engineer, you will be working as a support to our global testing departments within Group Trucks Technology. You will be working closely within a team of experts to make sure all requests from our internal customers can be planned and delivered in time. In this role you will also participate in testing and verification of processes/products (software/hardware) in different environments such as test rigs, proving grounds and customer trucks. The role includes daily contact with the test leaders and engineers to ensure we deliver the service and support requested. We are also involved in different kinds of investigations and test-to-learn activities, as well as education and development of new methods within the measurement area. We are working closely with our suppliers in projects to update our equipment and coordinate systems and tools for best usage with teams on other sites globally.
Who are you?
We think that you like working with measurements and are interested in things like remote data logging. Or perhaps you like to build your own data collection systems? Maybe you have experience in creating test tools or you just like to improve on things that you encounter. You like to share your knowledge and gain from discussions with other people and departments. A strong customer focus and understanding of customer needs is essential in this position. We believe that you love technology and have a genuine interest in working with the future of transport solutions. You can work independently, but appreciate a good team to collaborate with when needed.
- M.Sc. in Electronics or Mechatronics
- Experience of measurement technology, communication, sensors and measurement systems such as Dewesoft, Ipetronik, MX4
- Experience of field vehicle buses like CAN, LIN, J1587 including their different protocols
- Experience in data analysis tools like Matlab or Python
- Experience in tools like ATI Vision and CANalyzer.
- Experience from software development
- Fluent in both English and Swedish, spoken and written
- Experience with Volvo internal systems is a merit