The Functional Safety Engineer provides support for the agile team in ISO26262 and cyber security-related matters. You will be a member of a team working with Functional safety in VDYN Sub stream.
- Support Suspension control agile team to ensure ISO26262 compliance of their work product.
- Carry out ISO26262-related activities in the team such as the creation of Hazard Analysis, Functional Safety Concept, Technical Safety Concept, FMEAs, Test specifications (system and software level), and Safety Case.
- Create detailed safety mechanisms at system level and software level.
- Support judgment of Definition of Ready (or equivalent) and Definition of Done (or equivalent) status for ISO26262-related activities for the agile team.
- Support the product owner and scrum master in creating user stories related to ISO26262 for the agile team.
- Review hardware and software safety requirements towards supporting agile teams.
- Be the primary interface between the agile team and the Chassis Functional Safety Manager for all functional safety-related matters at Chassis or Vehicle level.
- Be available to take Functional Safety Manager role in projects where the technical content belongs to the agile team, by creating and tracking element-level functional safety plans.
- Organize functional safety joint reviews with suppliers.
- Organize verification reviews with internal stakeholders.
- Organize confirmation reviews with functional safety assessors.
- Contact ISO26262 Competence Center GTT if a need arises in the agile team.
- Participate in evaluations of proposed technical solutions with the purpose to judge the possibility to secure the solutions in terms of functional safety.
- Participate in ISO26262 Community of Practice when needed.
- Good verbal and documentation skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment
- Cross-functional and team work skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make high level decisions given limited data and competing priorities
- Practical ISO26262 experience is a criteria
The FSE benefits from practical experience in:
- Creating safety concepts and requirements at system and software level.
- Planning and carrying out safety integration and validation tests.
- Carrying out safety or quality analysis, such as Hazard Analysis, FMEA, FTA, etc.
- Experience from working with simulations of mechatronic/pneumatic systems
Qualifications and merits
- Master of Science in Mechatronics/Vehicle engineering/equivalent
- Good knowledge in Physics, Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Control engineering, Vehicle dynamics, System modelling/engineering, Functional requirements and Electronics.
- Development of safety-related functions, systems, hardware or software.
- Good understanding of system development of embedded real time systems
- Good understanding of model based development
- Professional safety engineering degree from formal education is meritorious.
- Other functional safety standards
- Familiar with Volvo Group processes
- Volvo Group product knowledge
- Fluent in English