At the DevOps Engineering department at Volvo Cars Corporate Digital, we are responsible for the design and delivery of technical solutions for DevOps Enablement, which is comprised of DevOps Services and Workflow Services. Volvo Cars Digital has three main enterprise divisions: Commercial Digital, Product Creation & Industrial Digital, and Corporate Digital. We support all three divisions.
DevOps Enablement promotes modern DevOps ways of working and is responsible for supporting shared DevOps toolchains at enterprise scale. In DevOps Engineering you will be part of an agile team responsible for “vendor engineering,” where commercial and open-source vendor solutions are integrated and configured as shared internal IT services.
Our core shared services are ServiceNow, GitHub, Azure DevOps, and Azure Cloud. We also provide Elastic Stack, InfluxDB, Grafana, AppDynamics, and Apica as shared services. The primary stakeholders are software engineers, platform engineers, and members of agile teams. Additional stakeholders include Major Incident Managers, Product Managers, and Team Managers.
The work consists of making significant hands-on contributions to the vendor engineering solutions driving the transformation to modern Enterprise DevOps. You will be a member of an agile team capturing and completing work using backlog items and tasks on a sprint basis. The expected outcome from the assignment is increased adoption and active daily users of the solutions we evolve and support. There will be an emphasis on DevOps automated monitoring and event management, an area where there is a lot of room for innovation and opportunities to make a significant difference for many users.
- Hands-on work on our Elastic Stack shared IT service
- Close collaboration with Product Owner of DevOps Services
- Active participation in agile ceremonies such as Daily Stand-Up, Sprint Planning, PI Planning, and retrospectives.
- Active contributions to discussions with stakeholders in Microsoft Teams channels.
- Demo prototypes and MVP style solutions, low-fi mockups, etc.
- At least 5 years of recent programming experience and skill in Git version control.
- Experience with agile planning and estimation using Scrum.
- Experience with being on-call (not required during the assignment).
- Experience with automated monitoring and incident management.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Technical education at the university level or equivalent experience.
- Tech-savvy and *-as-code mentality.
- Resilient and strategic, enterprise thinking.
- Diplomatic and persuasive.
- Self-driven and outcome-oriented.