In the role as Data Engineer you will join the amazing Engineering team where you will collaborate closely with experienced analysts and data scientist as well as teams to integrate and develop our core datasets. We offer a unique and diverse work environment with truly ambitious colleagues that will help you reach new limits.
Who you are:
To be successful in the role you need to understand a wide variety of data and domains and use your expertise and creativity to bring simplicity to complex problems. You have a sharp technical mind and feel passionate about working in a product-based business and with building data platforms. You are comfortable working independently and with smaller teams.
- You have experience of building data pipelines using Apache Spark
- You have experience of automating and monitoring workflows
- You have good knowledge of Java
- You are used to working in Unix
Bonus qualifications that makes you stand out from the rest:
- Experience working with cloud tech, specifically experience in AWS and its plethora of services
- Experience of working in Big Data development projects and workflow management such as Apache Airflow
- Strong experience in handling and fetching everything from traditional, relational data to semi- or unstructured data
- Knowledge in Elasticsearch and Postgres
- Knowledge in Python and/or Scala
- A dedication to testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices and supporting workflows are also highly valued