We are looking for bright, ambitious ETL Developer, to work within the Enterprise Data Warehouse team. You will be part of developing the new Enterprise Data Warehouse and support multiple, concurrent data warehouse initiatives. You will play a key role in implemented next-generation data solutions and maintain high-quality standards whilst on assignment, responsibilities can vary from improving data infrastructure to running workshops and coaching
The central Enterprise Data Warehouse team are responsible to develop the data warehouse platform (EDW) and enable this for different teams within all Volvo Cars domains in a data mesh concept. The EDW is one of the core capabilities in the Data Management Platform together with
- Data Lake
- Operational Data Hub
- Data Catalogue
- Master Data Management solution (MDM)
The team is responsible to enable the platform for others to use by providing the platform itself to them, but also guidelines, best practices, architecture, conformed dimensions etc. Supporting initiatives in EDW is one big part of the job. You will be supported by you team members (Product Owner, architects, developers, and scrum master).
You and your skills:
To be successful in this role you need to have previous roles within the Data Management arena. We also believe that you have experience in enterprise companies. We also hope that you have a good understanding on how a modern data management environment in the cloud would look like including global distribution and access to the data, and how to establish system availability via both reactive and proactive measurements.
We see it as a big plus if you have worked with Snowflake and WhereScape before
About the job where you will:
- Development and automation of sustainable data sets, utilizing different data sources and platforms.
- Use ETL techniques to build out end-to-end data pipeline
- Works closely with business SMEs to reverse engineer the rules that govern business processes, corresponding data streams, and associated source systems
- Contributes to the long-term vision of the enterprise data warehouse (EDW) by delivering Agile solutions
- Develop efficient ETL for loading the data warehouse and makes timely data available for business users
- Assists in capturing processes, procedures and other metadata in documentation; ensures that documentation is well organized, complete, and appropriate for the audience
- Troubleshoots, supports and maintains the data warehouse and associated tools used by the team
- Develops and improves continuous release and testing processes
- Helps to establish best practices for development, testing, migration and error handling
- Implements and maintains business intelligence security best practices
- Participates in the training of junior developers
- Support multiple data warehouse initiatives
Who we’re looking for:
- You have experience with Data Warehouse Techniques (Data Modeling, ETL, Database systems, Business Intelligence).
- Experience with data automation tools (i.e. WhereScape)
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with Azure Data Factory
- Experience with analytic and reporting tools (SSAS, Tableau, Power BI, R/Python)
- Experience with Azure and agile iterations
- You enjoy immersing yourself in data and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have an enterprise perspective in data.
- Experience with Data Modelling is important, and we are looking for knowledge of the Kimball methodology.
- You have experience with agile management methodologies like Scrum & SAFE Framework
- Extensive experience in designing, developing, testing, and implementing ETL solutions using Wherescape
- Strong team player and outstanding problem solver
- Self-starter, self-managed, quick learner, problem-solver with a positive, collaborative, and team-based attitude
- Strong understanding of various design and architecture patterns
- Knowledge of BI architectures, concepts, and frameworks
- Experience in translating/mapping relational data models into Data Base Schemas
- Should have knowledge of different estimation models