We are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers’ lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking.
This role is within our Global Online Digital team, which is using digital technologies to reinvent the experience of becoming a customer. There is no reason the experience of buying a car should be painful and difficult – it should be as enjoyable and exciting as actually having a new car. That is our mission.
The primary role on the team is to design and implement software solutions in accordance with architectural practices outlined in the organization. We work in cross-functional and highly collaborative agile teams, and you will be on a team that is responsible for both new product development and feature enhancements of existing products.
What you’ll do
- Develop backend services and APIs that support a multitude of applications, be it on a website or in a vehicle.
- Help improve our development process, from conception to execution.
- Work on globally scaled applications with people from all over the world.
You and your skills:
- Experience as a back-end software engineer, designing and building cloud native, distributed services running on Kubernetes.
- Expert in back-end development, including data models, persistence layers, back-end services (REST APIs and gRPC), caching strategies and asynchronous messaging.
- Experience of working with AWS, Azure, or other major cloud providers
- Technical interviewing, and helping to build a highly functioning software development team
- Knowledge of Integer Linear Programming (ILP) is a plus
We think you share our passion for technology and have the desire to work closely with other team members in a highly collaborative environment to create software of the highest quality.
As a person, we think you are inspiring, motivating and moving the development process forward in a positive and driven way. You are experienced with agile development and a champion of software development best practices.
Who are we?
We are a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable, and smart future.
We have been a brand known for our commitment to safety for a long time, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China, and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable, and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of our journey into the future.