We are looking for a passionate Solution Architect that wants to support the products teams that are responsible for the Manufacturing & Quality applications which are used in all the Volvo Car Plants.
You will be a part of designing the software and hardware architecture for the complete landscape used in the factories.
About the role
As a solution architect you will be a digital technology leader responsible for definition and high-level design of target solutions and the technical runway of the Manufacturing clusters. This includes driving the architecture within the product clusters (ART) together with other solution architects.
You ensure that solutions are developed in a scalable way and global by design. You enable solutions to meet operational requirements for our business stakeholders and guide cluster members in manufacturing domains and/or on technology strategy.
What you will do
You are articulating and consistently emphasizing the target architecture and roadmap to product teams and other stakeholders. You drive the cooperation and secure the deliverables towards the established standards.
You enable guidance to Product Owners, RTE’s and PM’s.
You are also participating as a member of the cluster management team where you review and contribute to the program-level vision and roadmap.
You and your skills
• Knowledge about MES (=Manufacturing Execution System) applications used in manufacturing plants.
• Good knowledge about communication protocols to shopfloor equipment (E.g. OPC UA).
• Since more applications are hosted in the Azure Cloud it is recommended to have knowledge about the Azure architecture.
• Database modeling skills.
• Experience with Kubernetes platforms like OpenShift.
• Experience with middleware solutions like IBM MQ, Kafka, Vcom.
• Good Java software architecture skills.
On a personal level
For this position, you need to have excellent communication skills, high integrity, strong sense of delivery and a personal eagerness to accomplish results and getting things done. You embrace a culture of trust and complete transparency. You are ambitious, energetic, creative and open minded with aim to find new solutions to existing problems.