Learning Program Manager, Reports to Head of Academy Direct reports to the above Position N/A Mission/purpose of the Job The LPM is responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of Learning programs within the academy.
The target is to provide state of the art learning solutions to fulfil the needs within the group. The LPM role comprises both product manager responsibilities, during the full life cycle of a product, and responsibility as a project manager during the development phase of learning programs.
Scope and influence Scope Mandate to take decisions and make changes within the responsibility area.
• Business responsibility:
o Continuously understand and capture business needs (content, learning model and volume) and incorporate that into roadmaps and development plans
o Initiate training development projects based on development plan and follow up on delivery, cost, quality and scope.
o Represent the academy in defined Business interfaces and reference groups o Market and promote the portfolio towards defined target groups
o Support roll-out of programs in all defined locations
o Conclude evaluation and effects of learning programs as input to roadmap and development plans
o Provide input to the Global volume plan o Implement annual cost reduction and productivity gain targets to secure overall program profitability in cooperation with other stakeholders
o Drive and follow up consolidation of trainings in own responsibility area (replace local with global)
• Subject management (as applicable)
o Secure a network of internal and external SMEs for the subject
o Follow subject trends by interacting with internal and external SMEs and other stakeholders o Manage a learning strategy for the subject
• Maintenance of Learning Programs
o Maintain and/or enhance existing learning programs based on evaluations and feedback from the participants and the business by using the Kirkpatrick evaluation model
• Trainer & Master Trainer Network
o Sign-up, train and maintain a network of committed internal and external trainers and master trainers for the learning programs within the responsibility area
o Promote cross-learning between trainers
• Development of Learning Programs
o In the role as a project manager lead the development of new Learning programs following the Training Development Process (TDP) and ensure that requirements are fulfilled for each phase.
o Apply the TDP in a pragmatic manner based on the complexity and size of the learning program development project to ensure both efficiency and quality in deliveries Key targets and results
• Fulfillment of KPI’s
• Fulfillment of Learning Program development plans
• Training delivered according to learning needs in business organizations Version 1.0 Page 3 of 3 Updated last: 2015-02-09 Main Interfaces
• Business stakeholders ( Business owners, SMEs, Reference teams)
• Steering committees for the development of projects
• Master Trainers and Trainers
• VGU Finance
• VGU Learning Expertise function
• VGU Delivery function
• IPS PERSONAL PROFILE Educational and/or training qualifications and certificates
• Relevant education or experience from similar positions.
• Experience from managing training solutions, in particular from learning analysis, design/development and evaluation or other experiences from development work or similar resulting in equivalent experience and knowledge
• Demonstrate a combination of business acumen and an understanding of learning needs within the competence area
• Experience from project management Competencies
• Ability to work with the Volvo Group strategy, its organization and values in an effective way
• Global mindset and ability to capture the global and local needs
• Excellent networking skills and ability to work with different functions and cultures
• Ability to interact, communicate with different levels and groups of stakeholders
• Strong customer focus
• Business acumen
• Drive for improvement and for execution
• Understanding of outside learning trends within the area of responsibility
• Extensive knowledge of training and other learning solutions as products
• Knowledge about the subject as applicable
• Project management capabilities
• English is a must.