Let’s create the future together
At Volvo Cars, we believe that being curious and truly committed to understanding people is the key to future success. We are people who care about other people, working together to create new technologies and innovations for safe, sustainable, and convenient mobility. Want to join us?
This is what your new colleagues do
We are building a high-performance computer-in-the-car architecture. We are leaders in the paradigm shift that is happening in the car industry. A key for enabling innovation within areas such as Autonomous Drive, Advanced Connectivity, and Machine Learning. Our mission is to create a vehicle computer platform using the latest technologies and the latest chip technology in combination with more traditional car signaling technologies. We are dedicated to delivering platform functions to simplify application development to create a safe, reliable, and secure platform solution within Volvo Cars for increased innovation and speed.
Within the Core Platform Nodes, the Vehicle Interface Unit (VIU) team is responsible for the creation and deployment of a system that handles the routing of all car signals from CAN and LIN into Ethernet towards the core compute units. Here, we’re looking for a software system engineer. The location is Lund.
What you will do
As a software system engineer for this position, you will:
– Handle build system and support tools
– Handle our CI/CD infrastructure
– Handle and improve the release process
– Advanced engineering R&D investigations
– Supporting the different work groups & and stakeholders
– Work in a highly empowered agile team that is responsible for creating everything from requirements and software architecture to implementation and test
Who are you?
We want to work with those of you who have a keen interest in modern computing technologies and want to work in an evolving industry and take part in the paradigm shift that is now happening in the car industry. You like solving problems together with others. You are a customer-oriented person who enjoys being part of a team where you take the initiative and take pride in your own and the team’s deliveries.
You and your skills
For this position the following skills are needed:
– Proficiency in embedded system programming and testing
– Good knowledge of Unix-based tools and processes
– A good understanding of Automotive Ethernet, including UDP/TCP, and traditional automotive communication protocols such as CAN and LIN
– You are fluent in spoken and written English
The following are meritorious, but not a must:
– Proficiency in Bash and Python programming
– You have knowledge of Ansible framework
– You have skills in requirement review and test design
– You have knowledge of diagnostics protocols such as UDS and DoIP
– You have worked with Jenkins and/or Zuul CI/CD environments
– You have been working with automotive system architecture
– Self-driven, always curious and passionate person with a knack for problem solving deep-dive
– You are an excellent networker and surely cross-functional with great communication skills