We are looking for a Senior embedded SW, application/integration engineer to work within the Heat Ventilation Air Condition, HVAC-team.
The HVAC System team is responsible to develop the complete system for controlling the interior climate within the buses both conventional diesel buses, hybrid buses and full electric buses. We are responsible for the development of new products as well as product maintenance. The HVAC system includes AC system, AUX Heaters, Defroster and Body heating with fans.
As the embedded SW, application/integration engineer your main responsibility will be to secure that the functions of the climate system are implemented in the software, validated, released and deployed in cooperation with our ‘sub supplier’ for SW.
You will also be HVAC-systems local test engineer, supporting on the vehicles during testing activities and troubleshooting alone or together with test engineers from V&V-department. You will work in close cooperation with SW developers, architects, and function owners as well hands on work during testing.
You will document and communicate internally HVAC-team as well as to Electrical department, project management and to suppliers.
It is meritorious if you have experience from working with vehicle data bus communication, i.e. CAN/LIN and with specific data acquisition tools, i.e. Vision, Canalyzer.
• M Sc. in relevant area or equivalent based on relevant work experience
• Minimum 7 years’ experience from automotive development is a qualification
• Electrical knowledge, low voltage, wiring and control signals
• Good knowledge about vehicle data bus communication ex. CAN
• System knowledge VMT, CanAlyzer, Visio, techtool, engineering tool, maidcom
• Experience from HVAC system development is an advantage
• Volvo systems and processes
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
As a person you are goal oriented, structured innovative, communicative, self-driving and enjoy working in a team.