Today we have established process to develop, test, build, version control and deploy an application, but some steps are manual and others need to improve. By introducing a true DevOps environment, we believe we will get a more stable, automated, and efficient throughput from development to delivered application. As a DevOps/Infrastructure Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Create/maintain/improve builds for projects within manufacturing systems.
- Continuously work to increase automation of the build process.
- Assist with knowledge and recommendations when developers needs to setup a build.
- Convert P2 from obsolete build tool (ant) to modern build tool (maven).
- Continuously work to increase automation of the deployment process.
- Automate creation and removal of test servers.
- Automate import of databases to test servers.
- Manage Jenkins and other build related servers.
- Patch production Windows servers.
- Maintain automated systems to keep them updated and improve performance.
- Work with developers to achieve final goal of “Hot Deploy”.
- Continuously investigate and identify processes that may be automated.
- Having a curious mindset, Self-driven and eager to learn what is new within the area of DevOps.
- The ability to collaborate with developers and operations.
- A humble but confident attitude, with a good understanding of how an automated DevOps environment can improve quality and throughput of developed functionality in developed applications.
- Good knowledge in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins
and similar tools
- A good understanding of the chain of activities involved from prototyping to application publishing and how the tools used interact
- Application prototyping, IDE, Source Code Control (Repository), Code Analysis, Code Review and
- Commit, Continuous Integration and Delivery, Build Automation, Build Artifact, Deploy, Quality Assurance.
- Docker infrastructure and Kubernetes knowledge.
- Containers and virtualization of servers knowledge.
- Understanding of Azure is a plus (not used yet but might be part of future strategy)
- Coding experience.
- Linux and Windows knowledge.